Sunday, April 18, 2010

Artist Entry #17 Todd McFarlane







Artist entry #17 Todd McFarlane
As a kid I was never a comic book fan; the reason being, it required reading and I hated to read.
But when I first saw the Spawn comic book I was blown away by the artwork and the concept of a comic book hero from hell. Todd McFarland is probably one of the most recognizable comic book illustrators out there, you can look at an image and tell that it's Todd's work. Todd created the Spawn comic book series and he is also credited for doing some illustrations for the Batman and Spiderman comic book series. Todd received his B.F.A. in graphic design from the university of Eastern Washington, his media, is pencil and other graphic design tools. Todd eventually went on to create his own comic book company and action figure company.
I really like his works because like my other favorite artist his work is very freaking dark and eerie. His use of shading is incredible, it looks so dark and you get the feeling that something evil might come out of this shadows. His action figure line that he created is also amazing, he gets so detailed and realistic with the figures. Todd has hasn't limited himself just creating comic book figures, he's also created rock star figures, NFL figures and movie figures like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. His work is truly awesome and I hope one day I could have the illustration abilities he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment