Friday, April 23, 2010

Artist Entry #18/Sculptor #10 Helena Bangert







Artist Entry #18/ Sculptor #10 Helena Bangert
I'm gonna be completely honest and say I ripped off this artist from someon else's blog. Its crunch time and I'm not very found of a lot of artist. Helena is a world renowned sculptor, she works with ice and sand. Obviously she it really good, I would like to know how she did the Roman inspired relief sculptures on the pediment(last picture).
She does some killer work, I can't imagine how hard it is to work with sand or ice. Sand is very temperamental, one bad step or stumble and you might as well say bye bye project. I would also think that trying to transform it would be difficult because eventually the sand would start to dry and come apart. I also think working with ice would be a pain in the @$$. I don't think you can wear gloves with it, so you hands are constantly freezing and how can an artist do precise work when they hands are shaking and they are cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment