Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beer and My Body Are They Really Friends?

This weekend I hit it a little(understated) hard on the cervesas, I didn't have any responsibilities so why not. Home work can wait. Friday night led me out to Wingers to meet one of my friends because I don't know any other SAFE places in Nampa to drink. I emphasize SAFE because I really didn't feel like getting stabbed or shot that night. So me and the old man head there early and had quite few rounds and by 9'ish I was feeling pretty good. Finally my long time worthless friend finally decided to show up and partake in the festivities and we eventually closed that place down. The next morning I woke feeling 70% ok, I wasn't feeling great but not bad. I was still functional, but the brain was a little foggy.
Well Saturday night my other buddy got the night off from his old lady and his son so we decided to go downtown. I wasn't too sure about this because throughout that day the night before was catching up with me; but I put on my big boy pants and sucked it and tied one on again. It's amazing how quick 4 a.m. can come. I woke up this morning feeling like garbage again. I hate that feeling when your woken up first thing in the morning by your body telling you "HEY A$$#0LE, I THINK WE NEED TO VOMIT". All you can do at this point is try to chew it back and go back to bed. Luckily I was able to go back to bed and not vomit HOORAY.
I write this because I'm 26 and I know I'm not that old, but man I don't bounce back from a hard night of drinking like I used to. When I was 19 I could drink an entire 18 pack to myself each night and do it for 2-3 week runners at a time. Now my recovery time for one night of good drinking is 2-3 days as opposed to 1/2 a day. I guess I can't handle the hooch like I used to. I guess I'm getting to old for this $#!t.

No comments:

Post a Comment