Monday, May 3, 2010

Artist Entry #23 Salvador Dali







Artist Entry #23/ Salvador Dali
Salvador was a Spaniard artist who was known for his surrealist paintings. He worked with a few different type of media like painting, sculpture film and photography but he mainly focused on painting. His work reminds me of something you would image in a weird dream.
Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee around a Pomegranate a Second Before Awakening(the first image) is such an odd piece, I find myself attracted to it though because the idea is so out there. His work is very dark and bizarre, to come up with a interpretation for this piece I think I would need to take a hallucinogenic drug. A pomegranate with a fish shooting out of it that is devouring a tiger that is ready to attack a naked women. Weird but interesting.
Salvador was known for being very eccentric, to create this type of work you'd have to have quite an imagination. When I see his work it looks like it would be a visual aid for Pink Floyd music. After looking his work online I instantly became a fan and can't wait to learn more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment