Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Artist Entry #28 Jake & Dinos Chapman







Artist Entry #28 Jake & Dinos Chapman
Holy Hell, I finally found artist who made me finally say OH MY GOD! The work these guys due is awesome, for anyone who has a high moral standard or a weak stomach these guys are not for you. Jake and Dinos are brothers from England, they typically work with installation and conceptual art. These guys constantly play the ideas of death, torture, sex and mutation. They are amazing at creating such graphic and disturbing scenes filled with blood, guts severed appendages and severed genitalia. The pictures I have up are a drop in the bucket to what they can really do. I wasn't sure if some of their work would be appropriate for my school blog, SOMEONE MIGHT GET OFFENDED!
I especially love the exhibit of "If Hitler Had Been a Hippy How Happy Would We Be." The very top picture is from that installation. There a many pieces that go with it, but I thought the mushroom cloud looked killer. This piece is centered around hell on earth and letting those Nazi bastards getting what they deserve. Obviously this piece is filled with death, torture and disfigurement. These guys do a great job with the shock and awe concept, hands down they take the cake. I also love the Stephen Hawking piece, HE'S ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!



No comments:

Post a Comment