Thursday, May 6, 2010

Artist Entry #30 Magdalena Abakanowicz













Arist Entry #30 Magdalena Abakanowicz


Magdalena is a famous Polish sculptor, she has worked with a variety of mediums like sack cloth, bronze, stone, clay and wood. I picked Magdalena because her work is very dark and kind of creepy. She grew up in Poland when the Nazi's invaded, her work is definitely inspired by those dark years of her life. All a lot of her pieces are headless and are of bodies in various poses. It kind of reminds me of the living dead. The bodies are nameless and faceless, so there must be some disconnect she is trying to create. Her work is probably full of meanings I just don't know it.


That's all I got for her Erin, if you don't want to count this one, fine. 29 out of 30 is fine with me, I'm just tired of doing these artist statements 30 is way too many. I'm glad I'm done with them; but I will continue this blog, so if you still want to follow me still go ahead. Lucky for me there are tons of stupid people out there including myself, so I'll have plenty to write and complain about.
FINALLY I AM DONE, HOT DAMN!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment