Sunday, May 2, 2010

Brian goes to another concert!


Going to concerts is one of my favoritest things to do, so on Friday night I went to the Neurolux and watched High on Fire, Priestess, Black Cobra and Bison B.C. This show wasn't bad, far from great though. Bison B.C. opened up the show and they were ok, they were definitely heavy but not really my taste. The next band was Black Cobra I'd heard of them but really haven't listened to them. They came out with a 2 man band, a guitarist/singer and a drummer; interesting idea but then they started to play, all their songs sounded the same and you really couldn't tell when one song ended and another started. Don't think I'll be getting any of their music anytime soon. But the real reason why I went to the show was for Priestess(Band in top picture), I'd seen these guys a few years ago and I really dug their music, they had tons of energy and were entertaining. This time around the not so much, they were pretty mellow and the crowd wasn't to rowdy and they played a lot of songs from their new album which I don't have. It was kind of a let down, but still was fun.
High on Fire was the headliner, this is a band I'm on the fence on; they are heavy and a little screamy but the guitarist breaks into these savage guitar solos so still not sure yet. I've seen only a few guitarist how can really man-handle a guitar, Zakk Wylde, Dimebag but Pike the guitarist from High on Fire knows to savagely rape a guitar. When he gets a hold of that thing he is so brutal on it and I totally love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment